Years ago a business had to have a physical address to be considered legitimate. Next came the landline phone number and from the 2000’s onwards, a business had to have a website. Is this still the case in 2020, even for small businesses? Does a business really need a website?
The short answer is yes. The long answer is also yes! Here are 10 reasons why:
- A website is the central hub of all of your digital marketing efforts. It is the core of your online presence and ties together all other aspects, such as social media. Your website is the ideal place to educate potential customers regarding your service or products and allows you the perfect opportunity to shape the perception of your brand. First impressions count and unlike with social media, with a website you’re in complete control of the narrative.
- Your customers are online and they expect you to be too. Your competitors are also online. If you don’t have a professional, quality website, you’re missing out on a large chunk of potential customers who will simply go with a competitor. Especially with the massive increase in mobile browsing, you can’t afford not to have a mobile-friendly website.
- Especially for small businesses, a website creates credibility and trust and validates your brand. If your website doesn’t come up when a potential customer enters your business name in a search engine, alarm bells start ringing!
- A website is a treasure trove of data. Put to good use, the analytics from your website can shape future campaigns and marketing strategy. You’ll be able to learn where your visitors come from, setup retargeting and see better return on your advertising investment. You can even sync data from your social media feeds.
- A great website means you can compete on the same playing field as the big guys, even as a small business.
- Want to come up ahead of your competitors in a Google search? You need a website!
- Keen to send out a newsletter to showcase a new service or special offer? Website integration with a mail partner makes this quick and simple- get potential customers to sign up on your website and you have a database of primed buyers waiting to hear from you!
- Save yourself time by providing the answers to some frequently asked questions. People want information and don’t want to waste time looking for it. Give it to them quickly and easily and they won’t stray to a competitor to find what they’re looking for.
- A website is cost effective and works for you 24/7 offering great return on investment. You can stand out against the noise which often clutters social media.
- Your website is the ideal place for testimonials and reviews. Showcase your work, experience and the solutions you offer. You’ll be showing them to people who are actually interested in seeing them (they’ve come to your website after all). Capitalize on the opportunity to convert referrals!
Hopefully we’ve got you thinking about the importance of a website. If you have a website and don’t feel you’re getting real value for it, perhaps it’s time for a refresh? Contact Standout Digital to see what we can offer you, whether it’s an entirely new site build, an update or integration with other digital marketing aspects to truly leverage your website, we’d love to help you to standout and stay memorable!